I wrote an Objective-C wrapper library

I just like to show and share my work. I hope here’s an appropriate place for this.

My project: https://github.com/Eonil/CommonMark

This is an Objective-C wrapper library around reference C implementation. Original C code is embedded into the project for simple and stable build. I tried to provide internal AST as much as possible.

If you find something wrong (bugs, license violations, bad manners or etc.), please let me know. Thanks.

2 Likes

I don’t know Objective-C, but I think what you’ve done looks fine.

You might consider organizing it under a single top-level directory (like .oc, I’m not sure) so that it can be wrapped into the structure of @jgm’s repository the base implementation is found in.

Thanks for care. Can you explain a little more? I am not very familiar with community conventions, and I am having trouble to get what you really intended…

I haven’t looked at this in detail, but the first thing that I noticed is the long prefix, e.g. the “CommonMark” in “CommonMarkError”. Usually, in Objective-C, there is a three-letter prefix.

Have you considered doing a Swift version as well?

Yes. I like to write a Swift version wrappers as soon as I can make some free time. I agree on the too-long name stuff, and thinking about typedefs or renaming.