This is a companion discussion site for the CommonMark spec and reference implementations on GitHub.
So you might wonder – which place should I post feedback to?
If you have a specific, straightforward bug or fix, things that are not controversial or subject to interpretation and opinion, open as a GitHub issue:
- you misspelled this word
- this code has a bug in the following conditions (repro steps…)
- performance can improve 10% with the following change (benchmark…)
If you have an open ended issue that will require extended discussion and deliberation to arrive at a solution or conclusion, do it here:
- traditional 4 space indent code blocks should be replaced entirely by fenced code blocks
- the following additional test cases are needed (here is why)
- how do we resolve / clarify this ambiguity in the spec