TextNut - A CommonMark editor for Mac

I released my CommonMark editor for Mac at http://www.textnutwriter.com, not free but has free trial. Many thanks CommonMark community provides a very clear specification to help me implement the render engine. It is written by Objective-C and passed all test case(v0.18).

TextNut has two editing mode: WYSIWYG and Markdown. Former is just a subset of CommonMark spec as 100% mapping rich formatting content back to markdown is impossible. Some on-the-fly trigger can be confused either. However, the markdown editing mode is 100% CommonMark implementation , especially, highlighter and HTML render as spec has very clear description and test cases for this.

When I do promotion, I found many people don’t know CommonMark yet. Just suggestion, if the community can provides a gallery page where lists all website/software that compatible with CommonMark? It could be a good place to let people know the CommonMark popularity?

2 Likes

+++ textnut [May 05 15 10:02 ]:

When I do promotion, I found many people don’t know CommonMark yet. Just suggestion, if the community can provides a gallery page where lists all website/software that compatible with CommonMark? It could be a good place to let people know the CommonMark popularity?

We have a list of implementations and another list of applications. Please add your application there (it’s a wiki).

So to find out the price of your tool I should first download and install the trial or open it in mac app store?
It is finally time to realize that we want to know the price straight away.

Making it non-trivial for users to find the price will never let them install the application just to find out what the price is, but instead will let them spend more time finding out the price, which only irritates and makes no trust to the author.

Please put the price somewhere - I’m just one of unhappy visitors of your website who wasn’t lazy and put such a feedback. But I’m sure there are more unhappy users. Anyway, why to complicate our lives and let us spend time looking for price?

Hope makes sense for you.

The product itself is amazing though.

Sorry, I don’t try to hide price…

If the app is released on Mac App Store, the link button(Download on App Store) is provided by Apple. Apple does not allow any text revise on that button. On the other hand, prices is localised and different price in different countries. It also may confuse users if only US dollar put there…

But, your suggestion is good. maybe I just put dollar price to let user know it is not free…

I’m sure this would be really beneficial for your website visitors. good luck!