End-User Documentation for CommonMark?

I’m looking for a URL to send users to that describes CommonMark in a user documentation sort of way with examples. Something like one of:

… but for CommonMark. Does such a page exist?

(I’m a new user so I can’t post many links. So the following has no links…)

I could send them to John Gruber’s Daring Fireball: Markdown page, and then point them to the differences in CommonMark, but I don’t think my users care about the project history, and I think the spec is way too dry and detailed.

Even “GitHub Flavored Markdown - User Documentation” starts off pointing towards “Markdown Basics” and then describes “Differences from traditional Markdown”.

I couldn’t even find a markdown description in Discourse, even though I was assuming Discourse uses CommonMark. But now I’m not so sure, because Jeff Atwood himself pointed towards superuser.com/editing-help in the Help me answer questions about markdown formatting from my users - support - Discourse Meta thread from Feb 2015.

Peter

I was working on these guides for the CommonMark website. Work in progress, just waiting to see what happens with the competition before continuing. I think there should be a shorter version as well.

See http://commonmark.org/help – still getting this finalized but it is definitely in a reasonable state for sharing now.