We mentioned it multiple times in different topics. In all cases, where container content needs different styling & still should have markup:
- collapsable spoiler, with title (layout, style)
- spoiler with hidden visibility (style)
- sidenotes, epigraphs, … (style)
- lyrics in text (style) (if you keep \n, hard breaks can be forced vith CSS for specific divs)
- forum quotes (source post & user info, layout, style)
That’s not complete list, only examples that i can remember immediately. But it’s enougth to demonstrate, that problem is not in single case.
Under style i mean everything, that can be done via CSS. That means, such blocks should have custom CSS class. All examples above need markup in content and can’t be implemented via fenced blocks (at least, without dirty hacks). Also, those need metadata (custom class name at least) and can’t be implemented via blockqoutes now.
I don’t see big technical problem to quickly add such blocks support to
remarkable, but don’t like to introduce one more syntax and split community one more time. With plans about my own projects i can wait about 1-2 months, if there is any hope that at least 1 type of “normal” DIV will appear in spec. At least in draft state.