Spec 0.17 release, implementations in separate repository

I’ve released version 0.17 of the spec. With this version, the C and JS reference implementations have been moved to separate repositories:

The original repository now contains just the spec itself and tools for formatting the spec and running tests against it.

Note that each repository has its own github “releases,” and each has a changelog. Here are the three release pages, with descriptions of changes that have been made to the spec and each library:

The release pages also provide tarballs.

For now, I’m following the previous practice of releasing all three in sync and pinning the version numbers to the spec version number. But having them in separate repositories opens up the possibility of separate release cycles and independent versioning, which will be demanded anyway when the APIs become stable.

7 Likes

The “code” link on the home page still redirects to the now spec-only repository.

+++ Peter Eisentraut [Jan 30 15 04:36 ]:

The “code” link on the home page still redirects to the now spec-only repository.

That may still be the best destination for it, since the README at that site links to both reference implementations. The alternative would be to link to one or the other, or (probably better) to replace the “Code” button with two buttons “Code (C)” and “Code (JS)”.

Perhaps Code could link to the wiki page that contains the list of known implementations?

1 Like

+++ Kārlis Gaņģis [Jan 30 15 10:16 ]:

Perhaps Code could link to the wiki page that contains the list of
known implementations?

I think that’s probably a bit too wild and wooly – we’d
like to link to a blessed implementation that is guaranteed
to be in sync with the spec.