Issues we MUST resolve before 1.0 release [6 remaining]

@jgm are this list and the related should list up to date? I’d like to know before I spend any time on it.

Preservation of spaces in backtick code I believe was resolved in the v0.29 spec update.

Reconsider allowing lists to break paragraphs appears to have been decided, but not really?

I’ve updated this a bit. Several items crossed off.
However, I don’t think the list is complete. See the commonmark/commonmark-spec issue tracker. Not all of the issues there are “1.0” issues, but at least some of them are (see especially the ones marked with the 0.30 milestone.)

Thanks.

@jgm @codinghorror would it make more sense to maintain this list in one and only one place, i.e. GitHub? Maybe create 1.0 minimum and 1.0 should milestones (or labels). Issues can always be moved to earlier milestones as desired.

And then replace the top of this topic with a link to those lists on GitHub.

3 Likes

@jgm @codinghorror would it make more sense to
maintain this list in one and only one place, i.e.
GitHub? Maybe create 1.0 minimum and 1.0 should
milestones (or labels). Issues can always be moved
to earlier milestones as desired.

That would make a lot of sense, I agree.

1 Like

This looks long-settled, but I would like to briefly dispute the “tension from the fix is minor” bit: since github switched to commonmark, I’ve been running into broken headers of this sort all the time. One only need look at the number of pingbacks a relevant issue accumulated over the course of a year, before getting locked for being too spammy. (For hashtags in particular, special-casing h1 might be warranted?)

In light of the last edit on April 10, shouldn’t the number in the title be reduced to 6?

2 Likes